Inside the industry and inside the agency
Wickedweb has created a technical solution for a total re-brand of The Official Charts Company website, combining powerful infrastructure with complete simplicity. The Official Charts Company is a national institution; a joint venture between the British Phonographic Industry and the Entertainment Retailers Association. The UK’s number one supplier of official charts and data for the music and video industries, it tracks, collates and reports UK media sales - both physical and digital - on a daily basis, compiling a precise indication of the week’s trends and cultural leanings. On a weekly basis the company consults more than 6,200 high street and online retailers in an effort to provide an accurate barometer of the British music scene.
With the 60th anniversary of the UK singles charts approaching, Wickedweb applied a new brand identity to reflect a shift in the focus of the existing website. The re-brand, including new logos, colours and page designs, was to be based around the company’s ‘Where Legends Are Made’ ethos, bringing 60 years of the official charts to a diverse and modern audience. Previously non-prioritised archive content needed to be more accessible and the site would be fully integrated with Amazon and iTunes to drive sales, enabling users to instantly search for, purchase and download chart entries.
The site remains on a powerful content management system that updates automatically - future-proofing the site and also allowing the flexibility to edit features across all pages. It would develop the site into a comprehensive and constantly evolving, income-generating resource, finely balanced between illustrating the company’s extensive history and the need to provide up-to-the-second data to heavy traffic.
To find out more about Wickedweb's digital solution for The Official Charts Company, read the full case study here.
We were intrigued yesterday when news of the Big Egg Hunt, sponsored by Faberge, filtered into the office, and over the next 40 days the team are going to try and locate all 200 eggs in London, enroute to meetings and pitches with our clients.
Launched on Shrove Tuesday, the campaign is picking up pace... The eggs have been created by leading artists, designers and architects and the prize for finding all hidden eggs across the city is the gorgeous Golden Jubilee Egg. QR codes on all the eggsclusive eggs enable hunters to track their finds and share their progress in the Big Egg Hunt with their friends on Facebook.
Cat and I found six eggs today, on our sunny (side up!) journey from Sloane Square to the far end of Kings Road and the competition is on with the project teams in the studio! Our soldiers are egg-go-go!
It’s Valentine’s Day, and we are feeling the love here at Wickedweb HQ.
Everyone is always saying that Wickedweb is a great place to work and I thought I would ask everyone here what gets them out of bed in the morning. Our inspiring clients? Our relaxed and fun approach to what we do? The bagel run? And a lot more besides it seems!
We are a happy lot – see our top 10 reasons below:
- "The people are awesome - extremely friendly, talented and supportive” – Niki Duggan, Account Manager
- "I learn something new every day – training and constant progression is mandatory” – Mark Townsend, Executive Developer
- "As an agency we are exposed to a range of inspiring and diverse brands. I love that we are constantly challenged” – Kalli Daffin, Client Services Director
- "Everyone is so passionate about what they do and this comes across in the work we produce for our clients. It makes for a full Awards cabinet!” – Sue Akam, Marketing and PR Manager
- "Our culture is like no other place I have worked – we work incredibly hard but this is balanced with a really relaxed and fun environment. And I get to be creative all day!” - Emma Atkins, Executive Designer
- "We have great chemistry with our clients, and I’m surrounded by such creativity. It’s exciting to see this translated in to real results” – Nicole Tingley, Account Executive
- "There is a great style of leadership here at Wickedweb. Underpinning our ambition and success are people that are very good at what they do, and this is infectious” – Denis Gordo, Developer
- "The bagel run at 10:30!” – Jon Swarbrick, Developer
- "There is a fantastic team spirit here. Each client has its own team and so we are all focused and committed to the same goal. We also enjoy sharing ideas across our different clients so we can add value at every opportunity” – Glen Richardson, Project Manager
- "There is so much energy and enthusiasm here at Wickedweb, everyone really does go the extra mile. We have the perfect blend of people and processes for growth” – Mark Haydon, Finance Director.
Fancy joining the team? Contact us at email@example.com.
Wickedweb were appointed to deliver a new website for IDCM, a debt services boutique that works with borrowers and lenders to deliver alternative financing solutions.
Wickedweb’s brief was to overhaul IDCM’s existing website and deliver a solution that would enhance user engagement and increase conversion. Wickedweb’s approach was to update the look and feel of the existing site to bring it more in line with core brand values. In addition, the content structure gave the opportunity to pull out key information for the target audience, to include service areas and client sectors.
Account Manager for IDCM, Niki Duggan comments:
“Wickedweb has elevated IDCM’s web presence with a website that looks professional and is on brand. To increase the level of enquiries into the business, the design features strong ‘contact us’ callouts with a view to increasing the conversion rate. Wickedweb has worked to very tight timescales in launching this website, and we now look forward to supporting the account going forward”.
Wickedweb add IDCM to our financial sector portfolio, which also includes work for RBS, Natwest, Statpro, Neteller and Prime CFD.
Contact us to discuss your digital requirements
Tel. +44 (0)20 7183 4999
- Accessibility (2)
- Advertising (4)
- Alterian Immediacy CMS (5)
- Analytics (1)
- Application Development (9)
- Awards (17)
- CMS (17)
- Ecommerce (8)
- Email Marketing (7)
- Fun Stuff (40)
- Hosting (3)
- Mobile (4)
- News (67)
- Pay Per Click (1)
- People (30)
- Project Management (11)
- Rich Media (6)
- SEO (14)
- Social Media (16)
- Systems Integration (6)
- Usability (10)
- Video (1)
- Web Design (44)
- Web Services (9)
- WickedWeb CMS (15)
- Windows Application Development (1)
- Application development
- Content Management Systems
- Digital Marketing
- Email marketing
- Fun stuff
- Online marketing
- Print design
- Social media
- Strategic Consultancy
- Systems Integration
- Web design
- Web design and build
- Twitter feed unable to load